About the Firm
Joseph Shem Tov & Co. is a multi-disciplinary law firm specializing in a wide range of areas of commercial and civil law, including corporate law, securities law and capital markets, hi-tech, industry, defense, homeland security and export controls, civil and commercial litigation and administrative law.
The firm's experienced team of dedicated lawyers provides a professional umbrella of commercial, public and civil legal services. The Firm's activity is based on a deep knowledge and broad understanding of the fields of securities law, corporate law, commercial law and administrative law. The firm has extensive experience in a wide range of transactions, private and public offerings, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, strategic cooperation, corporate and debt restructuring, litigation and more.
The firm provides our clients with a meticulous, dedicated and creative legal service based on uncompromising professionalism. The firm takes an active and personal approach with its clients and assists them in anticipating their legal and business requirements and with formulating optimal courses of action for realizing their business goals.
The firm’s core activity is as follows:
• Planning, drafting agreements, negotiating handling and advising on domestic and cross-border commercial transactions, including in connection with joint ventures, distribution and agency agreements, licensing agreements, R&D agreements, manufacturing, sale and supply agreements, turnkey programs, subcontracts, service level agreements, standard terms and conditions
• Raising capital, investment agreements, prospectus preparation and public issuances.
• Acquisition offers for company control, acquisition and sale of company control and corporate activity in private and publicly traded companies
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Founders Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and interested party transactions
• Representation of hi-tech companies, start-ups and entrepreneurs
• Advice and assistance with protection of intellectual property rights
• Day-to-day advice of reporting corporations, including everything connected to their governance and representation to the various authorities
• Advice on decision making procedures in the various organs of public companies and reporting corporations
• Advising officers of public companies and reporting corporations
• Due diligence for private and institutional investors and for underwriters
• Advising on export controls of Israel, the U.S. (ITAR and EAR) and the UK
• Advising on defense and homeland security transactions, including in connection with competing on tenders and rules of programs financed by the U.S. Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Foreign Military Funding (FMF).
• Day-to-day advice on all matters of commercial litigation
• Administrative litigation in connection with tenders and administrative appeals
• Representation of clients in complex representative actions
• Provision of legal opinions in various legal fields and related matters