The field of corporate law, besides being one of the main areas of any law firm engaged in commercial law, is a complex area of the law that requires legal knowledge and proficiency in a wide array of laws and regulations, such as securities law, corporate law and partnership law, as well as knowledge and familiarity of the latest rulings of the courts in corporate disputes.
Trends and developments that have taken place in recent years, in legislation and court rulings on various issues relating to the legal status of the company, the rights and obligations of shareholders and the legal relationship between shareholders and the companies, have considerably enhanced the importance of corporate law and its impact on the conduct of business entities.
The law firm of Joseph Shem Tov & Co. provides comprehensive and extensive legal advice on all aspects of corporate law to a broad range of business entities including public and private companies, partnerships, cooperatives and associations.
The legal services the firm provides in this practice area include:
- Selecting the most appropriate legal entity for the business and commercial needs of the client.
- Setting-up of companies.
- Drafting and implementing Articles of Association and founders' agreements.
- Changes in corporation structure and restructure of share capital.
- Ongoing, daily basis representation of companies.
- Advice regarding statutory compliance requirements and corporate governance matters, including assistance in preparing mandatory corporate reports.
- Drafting and implementing a wide array of agreements, such as shareholders' agreements and partnership agreements.
- Corporate transactions, including acquisitions.
- Management and leveraged buy-outs.
- Advising and representing clients in shareholders' disputes.
- Employee incentive and stock option plans and agreements.
- Conducting due diligence and risk assessment for investors.