High-Tech & Start Ups
This area of activity is constantly developing and includes a broad array of technology-based companies and ventures in various stages of business development, from the initial stage of developing a concept and business model, through to the stage of a mature, established business entity, IPO or "exit".
Hi-Tech companies and entrepreneurs engage in a wide range of innovative activities such as software development, biotechnology, telecommunications, internet services, IT and so forth). This diversified area of practice requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of all legal aspects relating to each field of activity.
Joseph Shem Tov & Co. has the expertise in various areas of law relevant to high-tech and start-up companies, including: media law, internet law, copyright law and is proficient in different regulatory environments, such as intellectual property protection, software licensing, raising of capital and other types of financing transactions, to mention but a few. The firm comprehends the business relationship between the companies, entrepreneurs, investors, and different kinds of consumers, private and business alike.
Joseph Shem Tov & Co. advises and guides inventors, entrepreneurs, start-up companies and high-tech companies through all phases of development, from the establishment of the company, through its ongoing business activities, capital raising processes, investment agreements and commercial transactions.
The firm's team has extensive experience in technology transactions and intellectual property of different types, including distribution agreements, software license agreements, technology development agreements and so forth. The accumulated knowledge of the firm enables it to provide its clients with relevant, top quality, up to date, legal solutions, along with assistance in examining all aspects of the transaction.
The firm's services in this area of practice include:
- Setting up the best-suited legal structure for start-up companies.
- Regulating relationships between founders.
- Legal restructuring of enterprises and companies.
- Management of capital raising procedures.
- Drafting website terms and conditions.
- Protection of intellectual property.
- Preparation of employee incentive and option plans.
- Structure planning of transactions and agreements.
- Negotiating, drafting and implementing royalty agreements, technology transfer agreements, licensing agreements, software and hardware development agreements, distribution agreements, joint venture agreements, collaboration agreements, OEM agreements and so forth.